Tuesday, February 24, 2009
We got our taxes done tonight. I think we are getting off pretty good!!!
The rest of the day was quiet. The Bad Girls Club is on tonight. We are going to spend the night relaxing!!
I hope everyone had a great 'Fat Tuesday'!!!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday--We had our V-day dinner at Chilis. I had the country fried steak, it was very good!! After dinner we went to Lowes, Kohls and Walmart. We had a good time together. It is always good to get away and do something with just the two of you.
Sunday--Went to church. After church I came home and finished some house cleaning. When I got done with that, I went into town to see mom and dad. We worked in the basement. We made a lot of progress. And we also had a good time visting. Around 5:00 I headed home. For dinner I made double-decker chicken tacos. They were awesome!! I used the McCormick chicken taco seasoning. For the shell, I used soft taco burrito shells, melted some cheese on them, and then wrapped it around a taco. I topped them with the basics, shredded lettuce, salsa, tomatoes and green onions. I was so pround of myself..I only had one taco...because I usually have two. And I didn't use ANY sour cream!! Tonight my shows are reruns. I am planning on just taking it easy!!
Tomorrow its back to work!! It should be a busy week. I am going to get about 600 price changes this week. Which will make the week go by fast!!
Hope everyone has a good Monday!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
This weekend--Tomorrow--Matt and I are celebrating V-day. We are going shopping and then going to Chilis. I am looking forward to it. We aren't leaving till late afternoon, so that will give me plenty of time to get my chores done in the morning.
Sunday--I am going to church. They are having a canned vegetable collection for the Loaves and Fishes food pantry in town. During childrens time they let the kids go pew to pew and collect the cans. It would be hard to tell one of the kids that you didn't have anything to give them, so i always participate. Sunday afternoon will be full of relaxing and enjoying each others company.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I wanted to make Matt something nice for dinner. So I made a homemade pizza. It was delicous!! I always make homemade crust. I don't even buy frozen pizza or crust mix. It is just so easy to make. The recipe that I always use is from a Better Home and Gardens cookbook that mom and dad got me for Valentine's day a couple of years ago.
2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
2 Tbsp. cooking oil or olive oil
1. In a large mixing bowl combine 1-1/4 cups of the flour, the yeast, and salt; add warm water and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total) . Divide dough into 2 pieces. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Makes 2 calzones (which are awesome too!), 2 thin or pan pizzas, or 8 mini pizzas. I hope you enjoy it!!
I used the following toppings:
- canned mushrooms
- green peppers
- canadian bacon
- and colby jack cheese
When I make pizza its usually on Friday night. It just seems like a Friday night food!!
Matt is going to go to bed early tonight. So I am planning on washing my cabinet fronts, and cleaning my hard floors. Both which are quiet jobs. It get tired of just watching T.V. and surfing the net. If I can get something done while watching T.V. I feel a lot better about watching it.
Tomorrow will go by fast. We have truck, and I get my sale signs to sort. I love Fridays because they are busy! And that makes the day go by fast!!
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
- Saturday- had a lovely Valentines dinner at home with the family. I made Ice cream sundae cake--which is always wonderful!! Went home and watched yet another Tyler Perry movie Daddy's Little Girls.
- Sunday- Went to the church dinner--which was very good!! Did some chores, took Molly for a walk, and other random things.
- Monday-Went back to work. Took walk with Molly. Made Chicken noodle soup for dinner...it was very yummy!! Watched I Love Money 2 and relaxed the rest of the night!
- Today-After work I took Molly for another walk. Then came home and made a Homestyle Bake. They are simple to make and are pretty good. Tonight my show is a repeat. So I decided just to take it easy tonight. After dinner I took a bubble bath (with the some of the spa set Matt got my for Valentine's Day:) and did my nails. I am having a wonderful night!!
Not too much else going on. Some people might wonder who 'Molly' is. She is my dog that I got when I was a Senior. She lives at my mom and dad's house. I used to take her for walks in the woods about everyday when I was living there. But have gotten out of the habit. I am going to try to get back into doing that. I am planning on walking around town before I go to work in the morning. And then after work walking Molly. And then coming home and walking Rascal. Even thought I have been living here since September, I haven't went very far on our land. I am going to try this walking routine. Walking something I can do to get in shape that I actually like!!
Wish me luck :)
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! We are going over to mom and dads for a 'taco bar'. I am making the dessert. It should be a good time! Matt and I are going to go to Jefferson City next Saturday to celebrate V-Day. I decided that I didn't want flowers and I don't need anything else. So I decided to take a trip to Jeff to spend a Lowes gift card and a Kohls that we still have from the wedding. I don't shop too much--and if I were to I wouldn't go to Kohls. So I thought that would be a good outing for us to have together. Afterwards, we are planning on going out to eat. I am looking forward to it.
Well...I hope that everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day!!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
- For dinner tonight I made a new recipe. It is called Quick Burrito Skillet. And it was awesome!! I will post the recipe for it later this week.
- I will also post the recipe for my swedish meatballs. I hope everyone lefts me know if the try them :) I am glad to hear that people want to know my recipes!!:)
- Matt goes to the bar on Wednesday nights. So I am looking forward to some me time!!....not that I don't like him around...but I like my time alone everynow and then.
- I went walking today after work with mom. It was such a beautiful day and can't wait for this spring!
- Tonight the Bad Girls Club is on at 9:00. I am addicted to that show!!
- I heard of this site from a friend. I think I am going to try making the fresh spinach pasta this weekend. I love fresh spinach leaves and spinach pasta out of the box....so fresh pasta flavored like spinach...I will defidently love!!..I will post after I make it to tell you how it turns out!!..Thanks again Sarah:)
- I am not looking forward to the big storms that we will be getting tonight/tomorrow! I am not a fan of storms!
- Fellow blogger Kara adopted a dog that was hanging out at the store. It is a pretty dog and very nice, if I didn't already have one dog I would take her. Matt has compromised as much as he can for pets for now. Although that dog would make a great pet. Kara and her mother are very nice to adopt her. Not many people would do that :)
- I used my foot massager/soaker tonight and now I feel very relaxed!! Everyone should invest in one of those!
Not too much else going on today....hope everyone enjoyed the nice day that we had today and week so far!!
Sunday, February 08, 2009
- I love my job. People probualy think that I hate my job because its a grocery store. But they are defidently wrong. I enjoy going to work in the morning.
- I used to hate people. I know that hate is a strong word, but some people have really did things in my past that made me hate them. I have grown up a lot, and don't think of anybody like that anymore.
- I hate shopping for clothing. I love grocery shopping, but can't stand shopping for clothes.
- I love my family a lot. All of them. And wish that we could get together as a whole family again, but I know that will never happen.
- I used to hate my body. In high school, I always wanted to be thin, and that seemed like all I could think about for a while. But know I am just focused on getting and staying healthy.
- I love cleaning. I could clean all day. For some reason I love it. If anybody needs there house cleaned...I'm available:)
- I love the outdoors. If it was possible, I would live in a tent in the woods. I couldn't live without nature.
- I used to be obsessive with my apperance. I always used to have my make up on and dressed up. But now go as I am most of the time.
- I like rap music. I am a rocker, but every now and then, I enjoy listening to rap and hip hop.
- I wasn't involved in my wedding planning. If it was up to me, I would have gotten married at the river. I just wanted to get married, not all of the fancy stuff.
- I am an organizer. I love organizing everything.
- I hated high school. I never want to go back to school. I can honestly say that was the worst time of my life.
- I make small goals. Then try to succeed in them, then move on to more.
- I want a tattoo. But probualy won't ever get one.
- I still watch Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz. What can I say, I'm a kid at heart.
- I used to dislike kids. But now find my self looking forward to a time with kids of my own.
- I was brought up going to the river every weekend. And I loved every minute of it. I hope to do the same with my kids.
- I enjoy cooking and baking. I look forward making dinner everynight.
- I enjoy making lists. Grocery lists, job lists etc...
After that I visted with the family, then came home to eat dinner. My baked potato/chili was awesome!! I am going to have to have that again!! Tonight Tool Acadamey is on at 9:00. But other than that, it is going to be a quiet night!!
I hope everyone has a great Monday!!
I took the friendship bread into mom and dads to try yesterday. It was very good. It was a sweet bread--different than most breads--but defidently worth trying again.
Here in a little while I am going to go into town to jog around the track and visit w/ family. I ran a little bit yesterday, and it made me feel very energized. I am going to try running more often.
I am glad it has been a productive weeeknd!
Friday, February 06, 2009
After work, I came and visited mom. And then I came home made dinner, ate and relaxed a little bit..then decided to walk around town since the weather was so nice. I ended up walking two miles. And I felt so energized after doing it! I did the old hat factory hill one time and hope to get to how I used to do it and be able to do it twice--or even three times a night, like I used to. I love my treadmill...but I like the outdoors a lot better.
After I got done walking, I went home, chatted with mom and dad for a little bit, and then came home to bake a loaf of friendship bread. Mom got a starter from a co worker--and since she knows that I make better bread than her--just kidding:) she asked me if I wanted to make it. I just took it out of the oven. I love the way a house smells when something is baking. I am going to take the bread into town to try tomorrow, I will have to get back at you if it was good or not!
- wake up early (if I sleep in, I got get much out of my morning)
- start my pantry project
- do all of my weekly house cleaning
- take all yard sale stuff into town to store at mom and dad's house
- lift weights
- walk around town
- clean out my car, and maybe hand wash it also
- take a walk with my dog, molly
- --and any other random thing that comes up!!
I hope everyone has a good weekend!!!
Thursday, February 05, 2009
I hope everyone enjoyed the nice weather today!!
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Tonight I am wathcing The Real World. And am going to relax the rest of the night!!
Hope everyone had a good day!
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
I invited mom over for dinner. Malinda had a night class. And dad was coming home from a conference at the lake and then going to a Lions Club meeting. I just couldn't let her eat dinner alone :) We had smoked pork chops, mashed potatoes, greenbeans and I sliced some strawberries. Mom also brought some banana bread over for dessert. Everything was wonderful!
Tomorrow, Malinda is wanting to go to Goody's in Rolla. They are going out of business and are supposed to have HUGE savings. So I think we are going to check it out! Hopefully we will run by Subway on the way home!!
I hope everyone had a good Tuesday!! And try to stay warm!!
Monday, February 02, 2009
Here are the recipes for my superbowl party items:
For the twice baked potatoes, I just estimated the ingredients, cream cheese, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. And topped with green onion, bacon, and cheese. I also rolled the potatoes in sea salt. I love these!!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. mini semi sweet chips
1 tsp. flour
1 pie crust ( I made my own, instead of buying one)
1/2 c. mini chips
1/4 c. whipping cream
(I doubled the chocolate glaze recipe)
1. mix together cream cheese on med. speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. 2. add egg and vanilla, mixing until just combined. Toss together 1 c. chocolate morsels and flour. Fold in cream cheese mixture. 3. Pour into prebaked crust. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool for one hour. 4. In a small saucepan combine 1/2 c. chocolate morsels and cream. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Pour over cheesecake. Cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. 5. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
I loved this recipe and was easy to make!! I decorated it with heart sprinkles, so the kids loved that!!
I hope you enjoy the recipes!!