"I can feed myself!"
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
* I found these shoes at Aerie. They were originally $65 marked down to $35, plus the whole site was 20% off and free shipping. I was in desperate need of new tennis shoes. I have never bought New Balance before, but thought I'd give it a try!
* I ordered this stocking from Pottery Barn Kids. It was originally $16 marked down to $10 plus free shipping!!
* No other 'Cyber Deals' for me! But I am DONE with my Christmas shopping!!!! All gifts wrapped, decorations out, still waiting to put up the tree- I am waiting for my gate to arrive that I ordered to but around it-so Tyler doesn't pull around on it, and still waiting on 1 gift to come in the mail and then I am done! What a good feeling!
Here are the top two favorites from Tyler's photo shoot I took last week for the cards!
This one was the runner up!
The winner! I love how you can see his little tooth, and his posture, so cute!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Thursday we went to Mom and Dad's house that afternoon and had a great meal of turkey and all the sides! That afternoon we went to the Rowden Thanksgiving. We didn't eat there- we were way too stuffed to eat again! : )
I didn't get too many pictures of Thanksgiving. But here are a few of Tyler that morning in his Thanksgiving PJ's!!
That evening, Malinda and I headed to the Lake for Midnight Madness!! I bought 2 bags full of clothes from Carters-they were having a 60% off sale! And a few things from Toys R Us for Tyler for Christmas. I also bought a steam mop from Walmart- which I have already tried- and LOVE! It was a lot of fun, and I think we are going to make it a tradition!
Friday I didn't do too much at all- which I liked! That evening we went to watch the 'Christmas Around The Square' and to see Santa- pictures to come soon. Matt went to hang out with some friend's afterwards, but I was so tired from staying up so late the night before that I hung out at Malinda's house for a while and then Tyler and I went home and went to bed early!
Saturday- Didn't do much during the day. That evening Matt and I went out to eat Chinese and we also shopped for a new car seat. I found one I like, but I want to search online for the best deal. We had a good night together- and Tyler had fun with Grandma and Grandpa! : )
Sunday- I went to church that morning. That afternoon, Matt was gone to help his brother move, so Tyler and I played around the house for a while and then we headed into town to go to Mom and Dad's house. We had some nylon net balls- the best thing ever to wash dishes with, and just to visit. It was a fun afternoon!
On a side note: Tyler is up to 4 teeth now!! The 4th one came through yesterday morning! So now he has the 4 front ones! It is adorable!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and Thanksgiving! We sure had a good one! : )
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tonight we are going to a friends house. The girls are going to be sorting through Black Friday ads and the men are going to sit in the shed and probably play cards : )
Tomorrow= Thanksgiving Day!
This is going to be Tyler's first Thanksgiving! And I think he will like it, since he can join in on the meal! : )
We are going to go to Mom's for Lunch at noon or so. I am making the green bean casserole, and a cherry cheesecake- homemade New York recipe- it is to die for! She is having over all of my Dad's family- we don't get to see each other very much at all, so I am looking forward to it!
Late afternoon/evening, we aer going to Matt's side of the family. I am undecided on what to make for it. It will either be a pumpkin roll, genies, or maybe a new recipe?! The verdict is still out! :)
And then that evening I think Malinda and I are going to go shopping at the Lake for Midnight Madness- should be fun!
Friday night we are going the the "Lighting of the Square", there is parade, vendors, and Santa will be there! They are having a 'memorial tree' too. I bought a ornament for Matt's Mom, Alice and for my Grandpa Jay, I put that one to be from the 'Howard Family'.
Just a few of the MANY things I am thankful for this year!!
- My healthy baby boy. He is the thing I am most thankful for this year- but I am sure that is obvious! : )
- My Family. All of them. Love them all so much!
- And then all the basics...good health...families good health...a warm place to sleep...food on the table...clothes on my back..I have so much to be thankful for. I need to remember that, and appreciate it more often, which I don't do near enough!
*I'm not sure how much I will be online this weekend. We will just have to wait and see : )
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Love this one!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Saturday- Matt, Tyler and I had breakfast at a local restaurant after signing some papers to sell Matt's Grandparent's house. Then us girls-plus Tyler- went to Maries Hollow. I found these two wreaths- I really like the one with the ginger bread men- so cute!
That afternoon, I made genies to take to the auction at the Eagles. Matt and I had dinner there that evening- we left Tyler with Mom and Dad, since we wanted to watch the auction, I didn't think he would want to sit there that long. It was a good time! My items brought about $100 all together, I had grilled shrimp, and we had a great time all around!
Sunday- That morning Malinda and I went to Rolla to get a few things. I am almost done with my Christmas shopping- can't wait to wrap them all!!! I took some pictures of Tyler for his 9 month session! They turned out great!- will post soon! That afternoon I didn't do too much at all!
For dinner I made a new 'chicken' helper- Honey Mustard Chicken. It was the best 'helper' meal ever!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Friday, November 19, 2010
* Still no word from the doctor's office. I am going to send her an email this morning, and then call her this afternoon if I haven't heard anything. I don't think it is anything to worry about, but I would like to know what is up before the weekend.
* Wednesday night I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner, and last night I made tuna helper, peas and fruit cocktail. Tyler loved it all! It is fun to eat while he is eating- kind of feels like a family meal! :)
* My diet is still going great! I cheated on Saturday (the fall supper), but other than that I have been eating healthy choices and portions. I need to get a exercise routine fit into my day. I am thinking of trying doing it during lunch, but I usually get caught up in running errands/cleaning house/etc during lunch. But I might give that a try!
* Tonight I am going to a friends scentsy party! I have never been to one before- but I have heard so many good things about their products- and I love candles!
* Saturday evening we are going out to dinner at the Eagles. They are having a fundraiser for the Catholic school. I am making some peanut butter chocolate bars (we call them Genies) for the auction.
* Sunday I am going to try to make it to church. And then we are taking some pictures of Tyler!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Look at his little arm! I kept the bandage for his scrapbook...I know, I know..I'm a pack rat! : )
He got lots of lovin' from me!
Playing on his new toy- or well new to him- we had it given to us before Tyler was born.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Mom was Malinda's assistant, and Dad stopped by to say hi before going hunting for the evening, so of course we had to get a picture of them three!
I am happy with how they turned out!
We didn't take any of Tyler by himself yet. We are going to do that tomorrow after work.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Saturday- I baked a turkey for the supper- I just love the smell of a turkey in the oven!
That evening I worked at the dinner. We had a good turnout and a good time was had by all! And have I ever mentioned how much I love the sausage?! : )
Sunday- Went to church in the morning. I left Tyler at home with Matt. He is at a age where he doesn't like to sit for too long, and I can't blame him : ) ! So for now, I am going to leave him with Matt when I go to church, which is nice for them to have some guy time!
That afternoon we took some family pictures with Malinda. They turned out great! I will post soon!
Tomorrow we have Tyler's 9 month appointment. I took off for the day, and Matt is off for the morning. Will fill you in when we return!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Can you believe we are half way through November already?! - I can't!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Saturday- Baking a turkey and bread for the dinner. I will be working at the dinner that evening waiting tables.
Sunday- I'm going to try to make it to church. And then family pictures with Malinda!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
He loved wrestling with the pool!
We kept sitting him in the pool and then filling it with the balls!
Such a curious little boy!
He loved chasing after the balls!!