Thursday, January 27, 2011
The good thing is he knows how to get down by himself!
One step at a time... : )
Playing around! Notice my headband?! - That is my new fashion accessory! I like the laid back look! LOl
Eating some mashed potatoes!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
* I ordered Tyler his final Birthday gift yesterday. It is this stacker from Pottery Barn Kids. I love it!
* I can't believe he will be one in two weeks!!!! Crazy !!
* Matt and I hung some stuff up around the house. Everything looks really good- I need to get in a better habit of developing pictures though!!!
* I got my car stuck in the snow while I was trying to go to work one day last week. And Mom, Dad, and Malinda offered to go out and get it out for me while I was at work...how nice is that?!?! And then I was looking for a kitchen table to purchase (just a small one) and Malinda offered to let us borrow hers- which is brand new and perfect for what we needed it for! Don't I have the best family- EVER?! I think so : )
* We are looking forward to having a friend take Tyler's 1 year pictures! I have seen some of her work and I think she does a great job! Can't wait to take them! : )
* I am going to send Tyler's picture to a local news station so he can be on the 'Morning Birthdays'... and they get a free cake from Cold Stones! Has any of you ever done that?! I can't find any information on their site as to who can pick up the cake, etc.
Well..that's about all for now! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! : )
I didn't remember to take a picture of them, but I did get a picture of Tyler eating some! So I decided to post them!
The last time I had enchiladas was when Malinda made them for Matt and I right after we had Tyler. So it is about time I make them again! : )
He loved them!
He likes to feed himself- even though he doesn't do a fantastic job of that yet! : )
He also loves to throw food on the floor.. I like to think he does that so Mose can have some too : )
My personal vacuum cleaner!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Here is a recent breakfast at our house!!
Can you tell he got a hold of the bowl?! It took me forever to clean the mess up! LOl
Friday I went to Mom and Dad's after work to visit. That evening, we watched a movie and just enjoyed each others company! :)
Saturday morning, I made a dish for a funeral dinner and went grocery shopping. That afternoon, I went to Mom and Dad's for a while to visit. For dinner I made taco soup- yum!
Sunday- I went to church. And then went to lunch afterwards with Malinda and Mom. Tyler has had a cold for a little over a week now, so we didn't want to get him out in the cold unless we had to. So Malinda, Mom and Dad all came out to visit. We had a great visit! For dinner I made Shake n' Bake pork chops, mac n' cheese, and peas.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
This afternoon, I am going to run Tyler to the doctor to get him checked out. He just has a little cold, but since it has lasted so long, I hate not to get him checked out. I will let you all know how it goes!
Have a great day!! : )
Thursday, January 20, 2011
I can't believe he is 11 months already! And in a few weeks he will be a year old!!!!
* He loves walking along furniture- not walking yet, but he is close!
* He says Dada a lot and other ramblings...he has a very loud voice : )
* One of his favorite times is still bath time!
* He is eating mostly all table food now- and he loves it! I also still nurse him twice a day.
* He still has only 4 teeth, but more are in the process coming in!!
* He loves playing with the stacking ring toy (not sure what that toy is actually called?!) He can stack them by himself!
* He is also able to use his shape sorter!!!
* I could go on and on about him. He sure is my pride and joy- and I love him to death!
The rocking chair idea quit working last month - when we put him in front of the Christmas tree- so this time we taped the sign to the front of his tractor from Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) and sat him on it. I thought they turned out pretty good!
Look at those adorable little teeth!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
prep time 30 min
total time 3 hr 30 min
makes 24 servings
What You Need
35 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) cool whip , thawed, divided ( I used a little more than 8 oz. isn't more always better?! : )
3 bananas, sliced ( I also used more bananas - 5!)
2 pkg. (1 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding ( I used banana pudding)
3 cups milk
1/2 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated ( I skipped out on the chocolate, and used crushes wafers and banana slices for garnish)
1MIX crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2BEAT cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; spread over crust. Top with bananas.
3BEAT pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min.; spread over bananas. Top with remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate. Refrigerate 3 hours.
This was the first time I made this salad. It was delicious!!!!! : )
Makes: 8 to 10 servings Total Time: 30 min
what you need
6 Snickers candy bars ( I just used some fun size ones, they were cheaper than the full size : )
1 small box vanilla or butterscotch pudding ( I used vanilla)
3 Granny Smith apples, cut into bite size pieces
3 Red Delicious apples, cut into bite size pieces ( You can use whatever kind of apples that you like)
2 8 oz. Cool Whip
Put snickers candy bars into freezer. Meanwhile, mix pudding according to directions on the box. Chop apples into bite size pieces and add to pudding.Remove Snickers candy bars from freezer, chop into bite size pieces and add to pudding. Fold in Cool Whip.Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Saturday- Hung around the house all morning. That evening we went to Mat's appreciation dinner. I will post my recipes later today!
Sunday- Malinda and I went to do a little shopping. I found a Valentine's wreath at Kohl's and got some groceries at Walmart. Also, while Malinda was in Cingular, I went into Barnes and Noble. I could of spent ALL day in there! I loved looking at all the books. I only bought two for Tyler's birthday. I can't wait to go there again!
Monday- My day off!! - We stayed in our pjs till around 10:00 - I love mornings like that : ) - then we did a few errands in town: went to the store, Dollar Store, got gas and mailed some letters. The rest of the afternoon was spent playing!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Saturday- That evening we are going to a appreciation dinner for Mat's Lawn Care (Malinda's husband). I am making a banana cake, and a caramel apple snickers salad- a new recipe!
Monday- My day off!!!! No plans, but to play with Tyler ALL day! : )
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
* I ordered this toy bin to put in the living room. I think it will work great for all Tyler's little toys- that are right now in laundry baskets. I can't wait till it arrives!
* How cute is this picture?! I am going to make a copy of it and hang it in the bathroom. It may be a little weird to have a picture in the bathroom, but I think it will look cute! * I was able to finish my shopping on Saturday for Tyler's birthday. I bought him all sorts of different things. And I already planned out the meal: steak, twice baked potatoes, garden salad & homemade bread! And we are going to have a John Deere themed cake made for him! Okay...so maybe I am going all out on the meal, but we aren't inviting extremely too many people, and you only turn 1 once!!!!! : )
* I also got all my carpets shampooed!! That is a good feeling! And for anyone that has shampooed...aren't the carpets WAY dirtier than you thought they were?!
* I went to a Tupperware party last night. I bought a large bowl, 4 small bowls, and 4 mini bowls. It was a set for $30. Kind of pricey, but it was a sale item and was $20 off. I don't have any Tupperware items, but I love their stuff. I also got a little container for bringing Malinda with me! I put some Cheerios in it today to take to work for a snack!!!
Here is the set I bought! I can't wait to get it in!
* Tyler and I have the day off together on Monday!!! Am I am already looking froward to having him to myself ALL day!!!! : ))
I hope everyone is having a great week!!!!!!!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I love his reflection in this one!! Also...check out his hair in the back!!! Almost time for a hair cut!
And yes...we still have our Christmas lights up. Matt hasn't had a chance to take them down yet. And no one can see them from the road...so I figured why not turn them on until they get taken down?! : )
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
This picture is my favorite!! If you look closely, you can see his precious little face- he looks like he is loving it- so cute!
Going down the hill!
Some of the pictures are off balance- because I was also running the video camera at the same time- so some aren't perfect!! : )
His hood was impossible to stay up- guess we should of put a hat on him- will remember that next time! lol
Monday, January 10, 2011
Here are some I have been addicted to lately!
King of Queens. Kind of an old one- but such a good one! I love all the characters, and Doug and Carrie have such a unique relationship. Never get tired of watching it!!
Jersey Shore. You can either love it or hate it. I love it!! So, maybe it is 'trashy' TV..but nowadays, what isn't?! I can't believe people party like they do. They actually leave to go out around midnight most nights- that was always my curfew when I lived at home, so it is like another world to me! LOl
Are We There Yet. It is based on the movie series. It is a new one- and one of my new favorites!
Everybody Hates Chris. This one is written and based on the life of Chris Tucker. He is such a great comedian- and you can tell if you have ever watched the show. I watched this one while I was on maternity leave. I think it will always remind me of that time.
I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do like my occasional show : )
Friday, January 07, 2011
Saturday- Malinda and I are going shopping to get Tyler's Birthday gifts!! That evening we have a fish fry at a friend's house.
Sunday- I am going to skip church- but only because I am going to shampoo my carpets in the morning, and then going to Mom and Dad's to help Malinda to theirs.
Should be a productive weekend!!!
I hope everyone has a good one!!! : )
From my view...how sweet!!
He was amazed with it the first time!
Oreo lover! : )