Friday, October 28, 2011
Tonight- No plans. I do want to do my weekly grocery shopping after work, since I'm not sure I'll get a chance to this weekend. And I will probably go to my parent's house for a visit :)
Saturday- I want to wake up early and make cupcakes for the Halloween party. Then off to the auction. Matt is helping his cousin move, so it will just be Tyler and I (and well, my family too, so I won't be all alone :)
I also want to carve some pumpkins in the afternoon!
That evening is the Halloween party. Can't wait!
Sunday- I WANT/NEED to make it to church. I've been such a slacker lately. But I'm going this weekend.
I was invited to go a friends house in the afternoon, not sure if I'm going to make it or not yet though.
That evening, we have Ron's birthday dinner! Can't wait for Liz's cooking! (for those of you that don't know, she's the old Home Economics teacher. So she's a VERY good cook!!! :)
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Thursday, October 27, 2011
* Tyler's Halloween costume is DONE!! No thanks to me though, Mom ended up doing the whole thing by herself! (thanks, mom!)
I can't wait for the Halloween party Saturday night! Speaking of that, I still need to get my costume printed off (since I'm going to be Facebook, it's all printed stuff). I hope it doesn't take too long!
* Tyler woke up with a cough and runny nose this morning :( ... I hate this weather change!! But I guess I better not complain, like it or not, it's hear to stay! Bummer!
* I have a few more items done for the craft fair! I made two crayon boards, mom's been helping me with some crayon rolls, and a few other random things. It's so much easier with my craft room! I just went out there after Tyler went to be last night and got to work- it was fun!
* I will try to post pictures of my crafts thus far later tonight or tomorrow. I forgot my camera today :(
* We have the bills all added up and ready to send out! We are planning on mailing them out next week!
* I have my picture order in! I can't wait to get them in and redo my pictures around the house! I'm horrible at that. I never take the time to replace old pictures in frames! I don't know what my deal is!
I hope everyone is having a great week!!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
I have been putting it off. I always want to get home, so we made a point to stop by before dinner at mom and dad's house!
It's not really a "patch" but they have AWESOME stuff!!
Tyler kept getting distracted by people driving by! He loves to wave at people!
We couldn't get him to just stand there by himself- so matt had to get in the pictures with him. We tried to count to three and matt would jump out before I snapped the picture. Tyler's too smart for that :)
I moved the rocking chair to the living room, and the toy chest in his closet. I also moved his crib to where the changing table is, the nightstand stayed in the same spot, and the changing table moved to where the crib was.
View from Tyler's crib.
View from changing table.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Cheap sign from the Dollar Store I bought last year.
Tyler has loved playing on it!! It's not anchored down yet. Matt's doing that this weekend. And the canopy still needs put on too, I added that to Matt's job list too :)
Next year I'm going to put sand in the sandbox area!
Tyler still loves his Mose :)
Tyler and Daddy having fun on Sunday! It was so nice to just spend a few hours doing nothing, just enjoying the day :)
Trying to get Tyler to smile :)
Monday, October 24, 2011
Still need to hang the clock. Not sure why I didn't move it for the picture :)
I am using the old microwave cart as storage too- how ghetto is that?! :)
So far- I love it! I haven't actually done any work at it yet, but I plan on starting some tonight!!
Tyler acting like Daddy!
I don't know why, but every time I take a picture of Mose, his eyes always look possessed! lol
Saturday- Matt went to help set up for the auction early, so Tyler and I had the morning to play and have breakfast together (love morning like that :) .. I made scrambled eggs, toast, home fries, and bacon!
Tyler and I rode to the auction with Malinda. That way there would be one less vehicle there. We had a good time visiting with family and friends and watching the auction. It was kind of sad though, because it really felt like he was gone now- especially when the new owner of his car drove away in it.
We spent pretty much the whole day there, and Tyler didn't get a nap. But, he was in a GREAT mood- which I was really surprised about!! He never whined all day. I loved it.
Matt stayed until late to help finish cleaning up, etc. So I took the truck and delivered Malinda's dryer she had bought.
Sunday- Went to Rolla to get Malinda's mattress with her. We also ran to Walmart to get a few things. It was a fun morning. I hated to miss church though. It seems like when you quit going for a couple of Sundays it's hard to get back into routine. But I'm going to make it a point to go next week!
That afternoon I didn't do too much. The weather was really nice, so we spent most of the day outside. I did finish my craft/sewing desk! I will post pictures soon!!
For dinner, we went to mom and dad's for BBQ pork steaks! It was a great dinner- and I'm still full from it :)
Tonight- I want to walk after work!
Tuesday- Ron's Birthday!
Wednesday-Friday- no plans!
Saturday- Another auction and the church Halloween party that evening!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Friday, October 21, 2011
Saturday- Probably spending all morning/afternoon at Mike's auctions (Mike is Matt's uncle that passed away this summer).
No plans int eh evening.
Sunday- Going to Rolla early in the morning to get Malinda's mattress. Then no plans all day.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
* The weather is SO different than it was last week! It has only been a few days and I feel like I haven't walked in weeks!
* Did I mention the theme for Tyler's new room? Well, it's going to be The Very Hungry Caterpillar! I'm going to paint it yellow (nothing too bright though!) And for decoration I'm going to use some Eric Carle books on his wall shelves. And do a couple of paintings for wall decorations. And I'm (with the help of Matt) going to make him a bed using an old door as the head rest! I'm not doing too much else in there. Just kind of taking out the 'nursery' stuff. When I'm done all the furniture that will be in there is his bed, a dresser (which I'm going to paint with chalkboard paint), the crib (for when we have another kid, no point to take it down), and the changing table. I think it'll look cute!! I'll keep you all updated!
* Mom and I are almost done with Tyler's Halloween costume!!!! I'll post pictures soon!!
* I'm also working on some of my stuff for the craft sale! I can't believe it's almost time already (Nov 5th). October really got away from me!
* I'm so ready for the World Series to be over!!! I don't get into sports- at all. And I'm so tried of hearing people talk about it!! Only a few more days! lol
* I just need to spray paint my peg board, and set up my sewing machine and I will be done with my craft room!!! I also want to make a shelve for my stamps. Where I can see all of them at once. Hopefully it won't be too hard to make!
Nothing else going on here! I hope everyone is having a great week!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
By: The Pioneer Woman
I served it with a baked potato and steamed broccoli!
Prep Time: 2 Hours Cook Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 6
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 whole (juice Of) Lemon
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Crushed Red Pepper (optional To Taste)
6 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 pound Thick Cut Bacon
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, to taste
To begin, make the marinade. In a large bowl mix together ½ cup Dijon or country/grainy mustard with ½ cup honey, juice of ½ lemon, ½ teaspoon paprika, and ½ teaspoon salt and whisk until smooth. Sprinkle in some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne if you like things a little spicy. Set aside.
Next, rinse the chicken breasts, place between two sheets of waxed paper and pound to around ½ to ¾ inch thick with a mallet. Next, add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
While the chicken marinates, fry up some bacon. When finished cooking, reserve ¼ cup of the bacon grease and clean out the skillet.
When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the chicken from the fridge and pour off excess marinade. Heat half of the reserved bacon grease with an equal quantity of Canola Oil in the clean skillet over medium-high heat. When the grease is nice and hot add two or three pieces of chicken to it. Cook until brownish/blackish, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes per side. Remove chicken to a large baking sheet. If cooking many pieces of chicken, repeat skillet process and remove finished chicken to baking sheet. Place chicken in preheated oven and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from over.
Lay a few pieces of bacon over each chicken breast. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken as generously as you like. Return pan to oven for an additional five minutes until cheese is melted and bacon is sizzling. Serve immediately.
With this cold weather today I am wanting to break out the crockpot!!!! And maybe try a new recipe!!! This is one reason I love the cold weather!!!
All ready to go! We had a BIG group! It took two wagons!
My little boy :)
The boy to the left is Chance, he goes to Rata's also. And the girl is Haylley. I used to date her uncle. We used to play barbies, and other little girl stuff. Can't believe how fast time has went by!
Tyler loved playing with the other kiddos!
I can't wait for next years!
Monday, October 17, 2011
Saturday- I went into town to help Malinda move. Since I had been gone from home all day, I skipped the wedding dance and spent the evening at home!
Sunday- was going to go to church- but didn't make it. I hadn't got anything done at home, so I used the time to catch up on chores. I did try to make a dish for the dinner. The first one didn't happen because I couldn't find my 8x8 pan. So then I decided to make cookies. I softened the butter and added the sugar, and then I realized I didn't have any brown sugar. So I gave up!!
I did make it to the dinner to eat with mom. Then I headed to help Malinda move the rest of her stuff.
That evening, I relaxed at home with Matt and Tyler :)
Monday- I want to go home after work and get some things done around the house I didn't get done this weekend. I also have card workshop tonight too.
Tuesday-Friday- no plans. The weather is supposed to start getting cooler this week. I don't know if I'm ready for that or not yet!!
Saturday- Mike's auction.
Sunday- Going with Malinda to pick up her mattress.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Friday, October 14, 2011
Here are some!! I love how they turned out!!