Wednesday, February 29, 2012
It was REALLY good! And super easy! I want to try a couple of more kinds soon. Like the Cheddar Jack & Bacon, and the Southwest Three Cheese! Sounds delicious!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Last & general...random things about ME!
..song you heard: The Foo Fighters- These Days
...movie you saw: The Sweetest Thing. Remember that one?! Christina Applegate and Cameron Diaz were in it. I only watched it because it was on TBS and I wanted to relax during Tyler's nap. It's a cute movie.
...food you ate: Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast.
...hug: Tyler :)
...kiss: Also Tyler!
...feeling: cold. Went outside without my jacket on this morning!
...travel: ...hmm... Jefferson City?! We don't venture out too often.
...joy: Just life in general!
...dream: Had one last night. I was back in high school with some of my old classmates. Very weird!
...person who texted you: No one! HA! :)
...person who email you: My mama!
...time you at a 7Eleven hot dog: umm.. never.. I don't think I've ever actually been in a 7Eleven..
...time you were outdoors: this morning.
...time you and your family had dinner together: Last Friday night
...thing you bought: groceries on Sunday.
*Will be fun: Playing with Tyler this summer at the river!
*Will not be fun: hmm.. can't think of one for this.. I try to make everything somewhat fun..
*Saving for: Nothing in particular. Just saving to be saving!
*Wish I was better at: more sewing techniques- but I'm getting there!
*Drink of the day: used to be soda.. now it is either water or Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade!
*Missing: Right now- Tyler :)
*Favorite music genre: Rock!
*What have you done today: had breakfast, got ready for work, got Tyler ready for daycare, took him to daycare, went to work, did searching on Pinterest and that's about it!
*Do you swear a lot: More than I should. But not around Tyler.
Monday, February 27, 2012
Saturday- Nothing in particular. Did some sewing, house cleaning, and played! We also visited with mom and dad that afternoon. For dinner I had cheeseburgers and french fries! And not on the George Foreman- in a skillet! Yum!
Sunday- We went to church.. Tyler was being good, but I was afraid when the sermon came he would be loud and we would have to leave, so right before the sermon I decided to leave. I started packing up his trucks and he got SO excited we were leaving!! He grabbed his back pack and took off! LOl- I guess he didn't want to sit through the long sermon either! I couldn't stop laughing!! haha!
That afternoon we walked - the weather was great!
We also visited my parents and Malinda.
For dinner, we had ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and crescent rolls. Tyler had FOUR rolls, 1/2 an apple, a pile of green beans and some yogurt!!! He ate a TON this weekend!!!
Monday-Thursday- no plans. I want to walk after work-if the weather allows it.
Friday- going to the KC Fish Fry for Malinda's birthday (which is on Saturday) and then back to mom and dad's house for cake and presents!
Friday, February 24, 2012
Tonight- no plans! I want to do a few projects around the house though!
Saturday- No plans. I'm planning on doing some crafting, sewing, playing and relaxing!
Sunday- Church in the morning, and then no plans! I'm loving not having a schedule!!
Thursday, February 23, 2012
-.simply.girly. I LOVE her blog! She's from Canada and her blog is just about random stuff in her life. And we share a love for red velvet!
- Bakerella. Can you say motivation for cake pop making?! Love all her stuff.
- Crap I've Made. This is where I first seen the tie-shirts! All of her stuff is super cool.
- Homemade by Jill. This is where I found the idea for Tyler's car mat (which is still in the making!!). She also has a hot wheel caddy that I will be working on this weekend!
- Meet the Dubiens. She has some cool hand print activities for kids & cute lunch ideas!
- Post Secret. I get excited every week when they update. Love reading all of those secrets! I've also thought of sending in my own secrets!!
- The Life I Have Been Given. AWESOME blog! This is one of my favorites! She's not only a crafty woman, she's also a mama to two beautiful girls, a stay at home mom, and she loves God. And most of all, she's honest about everything. She doesn't fake that everything is okay when it's not. Love it.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I have to admit this is the only thing I read regularly from her site. I love her recipes. I'm not into the photography, etc. But I love reading about her cooking adventures!
- Cookies & Cups. If you have a sweet tooth, it's a good blog for you!!!
- Fight Like a Girl. She is in her 20's and has breast cancer. She also has a 2 1/2 year old little girl. It is very inspiring to read. And it also remind you how lucky you are.
- finding joy. She has a boy that is a month older than Tyler, and she just had twins! Love everything she writes about!
- Make It and Love It. Needing some crafty ideas?! Look no further!
- The Girl Who Ate Everything. I've gotten so many good recipes from her blog. One of my favorites, peanut butter cheese ball and pecan pie bars to name a few.
-The Reynolds (and one on the way). I found this blog through the wonderful world of Pinterest. They had the cutest baby announcement pictures & maternity pictures! And now they have an adorable little girl, Ella!
-Things for boys. Good ideas for homemade things for little boys!
Well, there you have it! My favorite blogs! Hope you have fun checking them out!!
Note: I didn't add any local blogs. Didn't want you all to feel exposed. But all the locals are the the top of my list!! :)
Here is his stats!
- Weight- 32 lbs (80%)
- Height- 35 inches (80%)
- Head circumference- hmm.. I never remember this one.. I guess that is because they don't write it down for me! haha
He is a healthy, growing little boy! We didn't find out anything new at the appointment, and he didn't get any shots either. We won't go back until he is three!!
* He starting drinking out of a straw!! It is neat to see him use it! I'll try to catch him in the act and get a picture! ohh yeah, and just because he's using a straw, doesn't mean all drinks will work.. like Capri suns.. he squeezes all the stuff out!!! Only boxes or drink poured in cups. I have a sticky floor to prove it :)
* My boss is having a Pampered Chef book party. I've never used (or do I have) anything Pampered Chef. Mom and Malinda both decided the would like a stoneware pizza pan (you can also do cookies, etc on them also). So I bought them each one for their birthdays! 2 gifts out of the way!
Here is a picture of it!
* I did think about giving up Pinterest AND Facebook for Lent. But then I decided I wouldn't be able to do it. But I should of, because it should be something you do a lot of. I think if I had a job where I wasn't on a computer I could do it. But for now, I'll start with the evenings 'off'!!
* My sister starting selling Scentsy! I love all there stuff (I have a warmer in every room.. lol). I'm excited because when I get low on scents I'll have someone to turn to!
* I have a few crafty things to do this weekend. Some are gifts, so I can't post them right now. I'm excited about them though!!
* Okay.. this is going to be the last thing about Lent!! LOL .. but the reason that I wanted to give up FB and Pinterest was because I feel like I've neglected my blog. I know I've been posting still, but it feels like I don't do as many in detail posts (kind of like this one:).. but I'm going to try to work on that!!
I hope everyone is having a great day!
This was the sunset last night. Did you see it? It was beautiful.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
The snack table!!
- monster cookie cupcakes
- fruit tray - Hungry Caterpillar theme!
- gooey butter cake
- veggie tray
- popcorn mix
- plus 2 kinds of fruit dip!
I made these labels by using his book to copy the fruit! I'll post the links for the ideas on everything later!
My favorite cupcake!
Caleb loved playing with Tyler's guns and army hat!
presents! The bags with the caterpillar on the front are the favor bags I made. I filled them with candy and dollar items!
Teaching Tyler bad things.. :)
Jake enjoying his snacks!
- Fried fish, frog legs, potatoes & pickles
- broccoli & cauliflower salad
- deviled eggs- thanks mom!
- homemade macaroni and cheese
- oriental slaw
- calico beans- will post recipe soon!
as you can tell I didn't get everything on the menu! lol
The kid table worked out great!
Playing Candy Land!
I thought it was safe to have the 90's on.. I was wrong! lol
He loves his tractor from Uncle Chris!
Drawing from Lauren!
I love his face here!
One of the things we got him was a Leapfrog reader! He loves it!
Anyways, I decided to just make two posts!
Here is the first post- which is actually the second half of the night. LOL
Tyler and his cake! I made an ice cream cake! I was going to order one, but it seemed silly to pay for one when I could make one for less than 1/2 price!
He got some help from Lauren and Caleb on blowing out his candles!
This picture is so cute.
Malinda wrote Tyler a note!